Sound Barrier's SBPC8D power conditioner offers top-notch protection for your gear that is ideal for any rack system. Mount a SBPC8D to the top slot of your rack and you'll have access to eight switched outlets on the rear panel and one front panel outlet to power and protect all your equipment, up to a 15-amp load. The SBPC8D features two slide out LED light fixtures. There's also a 3-digit LED voltmeter that displays incoming voltage on the SBPC8D. This unit is ideal for instrument rigs, recording, DJ equipment and pro audio.
Retractable Rack Lights and Dimmer Control:
The SBPC8D utilizes a dimmer control for the two retractable front panel light tubes. The dimmer knob controls the brightness of both light fixtures. Turn it clockwise to increase brightness; turn it counter-clockwise to decrease brightness. When the lights are not in use, we recommend pushing the fixtures all the way into the chassis (engaging the off switches) to better maximize the life of the bulbs.
On/Off Rocker Switch:
The front panel on/off rocker switches power on and off to all outlets (including the front panel outlet). This 15 amp capacity power switch is specifically designed to stand up to the enormous high current demands of many power amplifiers.
If you are not getting any power to the outlets even though the unit is switched on, the circuit breaker might have tripped. To reset the circuit breaker, push the round reset button located on the rear panel.
Protection OK Indicator:
Although the SBPC8D’s Ground Contamination Free Surge Suppression rarely requires servicing sometime naturally created electrical forces are beyond the capabilities of any transient voltage surge suppressor device to absorb without some degree of damage. In the instance that this occurs, the "Protection OK" LED indicator will turn off.
The digital voltmeter continually displays incoming voltage within a typical tolerance of ±2VAC.
- Two Retractable LED rack lights with on/off/dimmer control
- Isolated outlet banks to minimize inter-component interference and noise contamination
- 9 Outlets with Wall Wart Spacing (8 Rear / 1 Front)
- "Protection OK" LED status indicator warn you when there is over voltage
- Interference Filter (RF / EMI)
- Voltage meter display shows incoming line voltage
- 15 amp rating, with high-inrush thermal circuit breaker for added protection
- One rack unit space
- Master switch control of rear outlets
- Operating Voltage: 90~240VAC 50Hz
- Dimensions: 19” x 7” x 1.73” (482 x 178 x 44mm)
- Weight: 5.8 lbs. (2.6 kg)